Saturday, November 6, 2010

6,000+ word day. First day I have had the chance to write.

And the CD of choice is by an Indie Rock Band called Sigur Ros. The album is called Takk. This is the 5th year I've tried NaNoWriMo and it seems each time I latch onto one CD and I don't let go, until after November is over.

Listening to the same CD is the best and most reliable way to get into the world. And no surprise, I suppose, this year when listening to Sigur Ros, started writing about an ice world, ended up with the idea of a dystopia (from the history class this quarter). Now, 1 day in I find myself I am writing about a girl who steals a person's will to live at the moment of his death. And a creature I am calling the Antuk.

Next week, I'll read This is Your Brain on Music by Daniel Levitin. But only after I write another 10,000 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Literature Business Directory - BTS Local